Is Cydia Impactor Safe? How to Use It?
Cydia Impactor is a GUI tool for mobile devices, which is built by the Cydia store creator, Jay Freeman (also known as Saurik). It did not get much recognition the time of creation. But recently, Cydia Impactor got a lot of attention and popularity. This is due to the fact that, people started to look for methods to sideload Cydia apps using Windows without any jail-breaking.
As we all know that Apple does not allow its users to install any Third-party apps on their devices. In such case to install third-party apps jail-breaking have to be done. Cydia Impactor, this tool helps you to install application, games, and programs in IPA format on iOS and in Apk format on Android without jailbreak. Cydia Impactor is fully tested and is compatible with iOS 10.
Is Cydia Impactor Safe?
It is a general thing that people be so doubtful when it comes to authenticity. Especially Cydia Impactor, as a tool to sideload the apps on your iOS 9/10 devices. Before going to the topic is Cydia safe, first, make sure that the IPA file you gonna use is safe.
Cydia Impactor will ask for your Apple ID during the signing process, but it uses the information only just for App signing. This is because Apple requires your Apple ID to sign the app. In such way, Cydia Impactor just takes your Apple ID from you and hand it over to Apple server. So if you are cent percent sure that the IPA file you are looking for does not have any exploit, then you are safe, because Cydia Impactor is considered to be one of the most authentic sources in the Jailbreak community.
Also, read about Mouse Toggle Setup
How to use Cydia Impactor
The Cydia Impactor has a very simple usage and is user-friendly, but still, a lot of users get confused, as its program has some functionality built for Android phones. Let’s see how to do it in a much simpler way…
- Check first and make sure that you have installed iTunes on your computer. It does not need to be running, yet need to be installed.
- Next, you need to download the IPA file of the app you want to sideload to your iPhone. Cross-check and make sure that the IPA file is from an authentic source.
- Now, we have to download the latest version of the Cydia Impactor. You can use its official website to download.
- Make sure that you place the impactor.exe file in the same folder where you have other files of the zip file. Because, when you try to run the impactor.exe file without the other files in the same folder it will show dll missing error.
- Once the Impactor is ready and running, connect your Mobile device using lightning cable. (Note: Make sure your mobile device is showing up inside the Impactor, if not you have to re-install iTunes)
- Be conscious in this step, as most of the users will have confusion here. There will be a start button on the Cydia Impactor window, a lot of users will click that. Actually, you should not do that. Just drag and drop the file on the window, it will ask for your Apple Id and Pass.
- After entering, it will sing the IPA file and install the app on your iPhone and you don’t need to do anything. If you get an error like ” error ipa.cpp:99 cannot find .app/info.plist”, you need to move the IPA file in the same directory where you have the impactor.exe file.
That’s all about Cydia Impactor. Now you have installed it and is completely safe to use Cydia Impactor. The only thing you have to remember is to make sure about the IPA file authentication. If there is any threaten issues it will be only due to the IPA file, hence it is important to check whether the IPA file is safe. If you have any issues or doubts with the installation and usage procedures, kindly comment below.